Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vintage Dresses


Well I am a big fan of the show Mad Men and part of the reason is my love of 50's vintage clothing. Well a few months ago I was so pleased to come across the seller porshesplace who specializes in creating custom dresses from vintage patterns. Since I had a couple of events to attend I thought it would be great to contract with her to create something for me. She has a multitude of patterns to choose from which makes it difficult to choose just one since they are all so lovely. But once you choose a pattern, Femia of porshesplace directs you to a website where you can choose your fabric. I choose Amy Butler fabrics for both of my dresses since I think that a lot of her large scale print patterns have a vintage feel. Femia has a little picture that aides in showing you how to take your measurements, but if you are nervous about getting them right you can always go to tailor and have it done professionally. Then its a matter of waiting. The turn around is generally 4-6 weeks.

Nothing feels better than taking your dress out of the box, putting it on and twirling around with your full skirt and crinolines. Now most of the dresses can be worn without a crinoline but if you want to look like Betty Draper I highly recommend investing in the crinoline.

Femia does excellent workmanship, is easy to work with, and definitely has my business for future orders.

Also since I bought multiple dresses Femia gave me a little thank you gift :)

Here are pics of the patterns and the actual dresses. (Will have to upload photos of me in the dresses).





1 comment:

  1. the skirt with the tulle is very interesting. I think it would look great with a white tank top.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails